Where Opportunity Awaits
Grow my Business
Start a Business
Make a splash!
Median Household Income
In The News
Annual Banquet & Board of Directors Meeting
Chamber Offers College Scholarship
Appellate Court Decision on Minimum Wage & Sick Leave Mandates
Check out our calendar of events
Welcome to Keweenaw Bay and Beyond, the heart of Baraga County…a community that is ripe with opportunities for your business. Whether it’s our abundance of resources, our talented, committed workforce or the sheer beauty of living by the Bay, we have much to offer.
As the Director of Business Development for the Baraga County Economic Development Corporation, I look forward to applying my experience in implementing strategic initiatives and developing key relationships to assist you in your new venture. Whether you’re looking to relocate a business, start one from the ground up or expand your existing business, this is where you want to be.
If you would like to chat to see how we can help you achieve your goals, please feel free to reach out to me to set up a time.
Director of Business Development
231 409 9065
2023 Meeting Schedule
The Board of Directors of the Economic Development Corporation of the County of Baraga will hold their monthly meetings on the following dates in 2023:
Tuesday, January 17
Tuesday, February 21
Tuesday, March 21
Tuesday, April 25 – April 25, 2023 Meeting Notification
Tuesday, May 16
Tuesday, June 20
Tuesday, August 15
Tuesday, September 19
Tuesday, October 17
Tuesday, November 7
Tuesday, December 12
All meetings begin at 11:30 am and are held at the Village of L’Anse located at 101 North Main Street, L’Anse, MI 49946.
Board of Directors
A History of Achievement
The Baraga County Economic Development Corporation, also known as the BCEDC, was founded in 1983 by a group community visionaries. Its purpose was to promote and economic prosperity in Baraga County. One of the most notable accomplishments to the organization’s credit is the first Industrial Park located on Dynamite Hill in L’Anse.
Fast forward to 2016 when in response to community outcry for economic prosperity, the then dormant organization was revitalized. Appointed by Baraga Co. Commissioners, the Board is comprised of a diverse group of active community leaders who understand the need to retain youth and support existing businesses, while actively working to create opportunities for new ones. It is these goals which drives the BCEDC to fulfill its primary mission to promote collaboration for economic and workforce development within Baraga County as well as and surrounding counties.
Here are some examples of the important work done to date:
- Completed Site Readiness grant which resulted in a $75,000 grant for the industrial park in L’Anse to complete the gas line.
- Assisted a manufacturing company with an MEDC grant to purchase equipment.
- Continue to partner with organizations like UP Michigan Works! and WUPPDR to provide services to Baraga County.
- Led the implementation of the MEDC’s Restart Grant Program assisting 26 companies in Baraga County, with 20 receiving awards totaling $120,753.
- Led the MEDC’s Survival Grant Program assisting 18 companies with 17 receiving awards totaling $66,500 in Baraga County.
- Developed website content to assist businesses with COVID-19 resources and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in housing and childcare task forces to provide solutions for the business community.
- Support and assist businesses from start up to success planning.